'

[Irl-dean] Accessible CMSes

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at ncbi.ie
Thu Dec 7 14:44:48 GMT 2006

Colm McBarron wrote:
>However the interface to the CMS is where accessibility issues are a bigger stumbling block for users and developers.
>The challenge here is to design an entire (web-based) application, process, flow and UI that can be used by people with disabilities.

Colm is absolutely right - the interface is one of the biggest issues,
On foot of that I would also add that if an accessible WYSIWYG editor
could be embedded in a well built CMS application interface, then we
would be *closer* to having a truly accessible CMS.

Maybe some members of Irl-Dean would like to get together and develop one :)

Josh