'

[Irl-dean] Dramatic situation of website accessibility

Barry McMullin mcmullin at eeng.dcu.ie
Thu Dec 7 16:35:28 GMT 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:

> Nomensa are great and I have a lot of time for Simon, MD. Their PR firm is
> excellent - hence the good coverage.

Hmmm ... well I *don't* know nomensa, but I was disappointed to
find that the report is not publicly available on the web (not
even the executive summary).  As far as I can establish, it *is*
available for free, but only after you go through a
"de-anonymiser" (i.e., you have to first register some sort of
identity, with a functional email address).

So, of course, it is impossible to link to it; and, presumably,
it will not be indexed by search engines

Not really my idea of good PR in Web 2.0; or even 1.0...

Best - Barry.

PS: I've actually requested a copy by email ... looking forward
to seeing what format(s) it arrives in <wink>.