'

[Irl-dean] Accessibility Survey (DETE on top)

Eoin Campbell ecampbell at xmlw.ie
Mon Dec 11 18:06:37 GMT 2006

I had a quick look at the report, and I am chuffed to see
that the website of the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment,
which we designed and implemented over 2 years ago, seems to me to be
the top of the pile,
as the only site that successfully addresses the WAI Level 3 checkpoints.

Only 1 other website (Dept. of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs)
even reaches Level 2 compliance.

It is disappointing though, that over 2 years later, no other government
department
has even come close to reaching the level of accessibility that has been
provably
achieved on the DETE site.

I don't know how many Departments have refreshed their design in the
interim,
but for those who did, there is no real excuse for not at least matching
what DETE
have done in 2004.

--
Eoin Campbell, Technical Director, XML Workshop Ltd.
10 Greenmount Industrial Estate, Harolds Cross, Dublin, Ireland.