'

[Irl-dean] Use of GPS systems by vision-impaired users? Location information

Bob Allen ballen at crc.ie
Tue Dec 12 12:15:50 GMT 2006

Hi

You might be interested to know that Hugh, Bryan and myself here at CRC have been working on a European project in this area for the last two years. The system uses GPS and user-specific travel information conveyed to either a Smart Phone or a PDA. The project has a number of trial sites, one of which is Dublin.

We have had a number of users working on user trials over the last few months.

The Dept of Transport and the DTO are collaborating as are Dublin Bus, Irish rail etc.

Regards and merry Christmas to all

Bob Allen