'

[CEUD-ICT] Please answer a few questions about http://universaldesign.ie

Alan M. Dalton AMDalton at nda.ie
Tue Jan 22 13:54:37 GMT 2013

Hi Cearbhall,

Thanks for your email.

The questionnaire refers to a “job” in only one question; the other
questions refer to the person’s “work” and “role”. I think “work” and
“employment” are different: many retired people work, even if they’re not
technically employed. I hope that retired people who are active in the area
of universal design would fill in the questionnaire, so that we can learn
from their answers.

I think for question 2 (“What type of organisation do you work for?”) and
question 3 (“What title best describes your role?”), somebody who is
retired could select “Other (please specify)” and then type “Retired”.
However, they could also select answers that reflect their ongoing
interests and activities; for example, somebody who is retired but gives
occasional guest-lectures could select “Researcher/Academic”. I think for
question 4 (“Do you use the internet regularly as part of your job?”),
somebody who is retired could interpret “job” as “work” or “interests”.

Does that answer your question? Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Alan.

Alan Dalton
Access Officer and Accessibility Development Advisor
http://accessibility.ie
National Disability Authority http://www.nda.ie
25 Clyde Road, Dublin 4, Ireland http://goo.gl/maps/gOjcj