'

[CEUD-ICT] Cynthia Waddell

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Wed Apr 3 17:29:38 IST 2013

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that I must let you know that Cynthia Wadddell
passed away this morning in California.

Anyone who knew Cynthia knew what a trojan fighter she was in every corner
of the world for the rights of people with disabilities. She was not very
tall; a David facing down nay-sayers and cynics. And yet she was a Goliath
in the field of accessibility. She was both, really.

I met Cynthia on several occasions at meetings and conferences in various
parts of the world. Her knowledge and enthusiasm never failed to bowl me
over. Everywhere she went she was known and everyone wanted to spend time
with her.

Cynthia did an interview with the BBC Ouch team in 2009. It is found at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/interviews/13_questions_cynthia_waddell.shtml

When she was asked how she would like to be remembered, Cynthia said:
"Someone who is passionate about systemic change and improving the quality
of life of people with disabilities"

Wow, she did that in spades.

May Cynthia Rest in Peace. She will certainly be remembered.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don't know where you're going,