'

[CEUD-ICT] Meeting with Microsoft

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at cfit.ie
Thu May 16 10:23:54 IST 2013

Hi Gerry,

I just had a look at the m-enabling.com Summit and it looks like a
really good shindig - so I hope you have a great time. You did ask a
specific question about Microsoft and their platform. Really because of
the nature of this conference, with a focus on mobile accessibility, I
would say Microsoft are really just not players in this space and have
been completely left behind by iOS/Android. Actually iOS/Android
together make up ~ 91% of global market share as of Feb 2013 with the
lions share of that being Android. [1] [2]

iOS accessibility is pretty excellent IMO (or at least leads the field),
so most platform related work needs to come from the Android side, so I
would focus on that if possible.

Josh

[1] http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23946013
[2]