'

[CEUD-ICT] Internet TV specifically for blind people

Dana Mulvany dmulvany at usa.net
Fri Aug 23 23:30:21 IST 2013

As a hard of hearing person, I would like to see synchronized captions or
subtitles to help me understand the words while I listen to the way the
words are spoken.

This kind of media for blind people might be similar to the audio dramas
sometimes broadcast on radio, but I've never been able to follow them. The
advantage of not using video is the ability to appreciate the nonverbal
nuances in the actors' voices more, I would think. (I personally notice
this change when I use the telephone versus using Skype.)

Dana Mulvany
Sausalito,  CA/Rockville,  MD