'

[CEUD-ICT] Workplace prejudice keeps blind people out of employment

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Sat Oct 12 21:25:29 IST 2013

Hi,

As if we needed to be told this ...

But before the link, here is an example of exactly what is spoken about in
the article. For those who do not know me, I am totally blind. My wife and I
were at a traditional music session last night. I spoke with a guy beside me
for half an hour or so about music and people we both knew who are involved
with the industry and seemd to get on grand. When he got up to leave my wife
and I stood up to let him out. He whispered in her ear "Thanks for taking
care of him he seems like a nice fella. Do you need a hand to get him
sitting back down?"

I have copied this to a member of staff of Kanchi who happened to be there
at the same time and to Andrea Sacs. I think they will get a giggle out of
it.
www.kanchi.org
http://www.euractiv.com/specialreport-europe-blind-spot/workplace-prejudice-
keeps-blind-news-530904