'

[CEUD-ICT] FW: Alert: Treaty Hearing on November 5th is Confirmed! Make that call!

Gerry Ellis gerry.ellis at feelthebenefit.com
Wed Oct 30 23:54:25 GMT 2013

Hi,

As you may remember, I attended a meeting in the U. S. Senate Foreign
Relations Committee in Washington in June encouraging the U.S. to ratify the
UN convention on The Rights of Persons with Disabilities. A hearing had
taken place there to hear depositions on the subject around this time last
year. This was  followed by a vote in the Senate in December that fell just
short of the two thirds majority required for ratification.

A new hearing will take place next week in the Foreign Relations committee.
I will be back in Washington in December, but unfortunately not in time for
this meeting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall. I don't know yet if it can
be watched remotely.

Please find info below about the hearing. If you have any friends or
relations in the States, please encourage them to actively support the
ratification as shown below.

Thanks.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis