'

[CEUD-ICT] Fwd: Usability got a + in the Pres' speech!!

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at cfit.ie
Fri Nov 15 14:14:36 GMT 2013

This was sent to UTEST, but I thought it worth spreading ;-)

Hi all,

In his speech yesterday, President Obama singled out a specific project
that did usability and improved the product!!

He talked about "actually watching users."

The project was U. S. student financial aid forms

It was a great "shout-out" to our profession and especially for our own
Carol Righi and the folks from TecEd (Stephanie Rosenbaum's company) who
did that project.

You can catch a one-minute snippet of the speech where the Pres talks
about what we do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRs7BJP6Ky4&feature=youtu.be

Best,
Ginny

Janice (Ginny) Redish, Ph.D.
Redish & Associates, Inc.
ginny at redish.net
www.redish.net
301 229 3039

Author of Letting Go of the Words -- Writing Web Content that Works
(2nd edition, 2012)