[CEUD-ICT] Launch of Assistive Technology Report: Ireland

Siobhan Long slong at enableireland.ie
Mon Nov 14 09:56:50 GMT 2016

Dear CEUD List Member,

I'd like to share with you details of a Discussion Paper: 'Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities and Older People', launched on Monday last in Dublin by Enable Ireland and the Disability Federation in Ireland. This paper represents the views of a cross-sectoral stakeholder group convened through CHAT (Community Hub for Assistive Technology:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8407996

It's a very practical report with 7 key recommendations.

http://www.enableireland.ie/resources/news/enable-ireland-and-disability-federation-ireland-launch-discussion-paper-future

We would love to hear your views on its content, as we know that this is but the first step in the next phase of our journey. Currently, far too few people who could benefit from AT, have access to it here in Ireland, but with increasingly accessible mainstream solutions coupled with associated dramatic falls in cost, we believe that the remedy for this gap is more achievable than ever.

In particular, I'd like to draw your attention to three case studies we have completed for this report: see pages 19-21: the cost benefits are plain to see.

This report was produced through a partnership between Enable Ireland and DFI, who share a concern regarding the under-resourcing of Assistive  Technology nationally. Together, and in partnership with the CHAT community, and any other interested parties, we recognise an urgent need for advocacy and information campaigning in order to increase public awareness and understanding of the potential for AT to enhance quality of life and independence, as well as enhancing government’s awareness of their role in making AT available to those who need it.

Regards,

Siobhán

National Manager
Assistive Technology and SeatTech Services
Enable Ireland
Sandymount Avenue
Dublin 4

Ph: +353 1 2184108
Mob: +353 87 6570364
Web: www.enableireland.ie/at<http://www.enableireland.ie/at>
               [enable_ireland_logo_2014 (2)]

Enable Ireland Disability Services Ltd. Registered Office Unit 32F, Rosemount Park Drive, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin Road, Dublin 11 Registered in Dublin No.13909 Charity No.20006617 Patron Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland Chairman Donal Cashman Chief Executive\Secretary Fionnuala O'Donovan.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is intended solely for attention and use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any form of use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender and delete all copies from your computer system(s). The sender accepts no responsibility for unauthorised copying or processing of this email by any third party and disclaims any liability for any loss arising as a result.